Ziatech 5503 watchdog driver

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at offmyserver.com
Fri Mar 18 08:06:33 PST 2005

Hey,

I'm busy writing a Ziatech 5503 watchdog driver for FreeBSD (and
porting all the watchdog stuff to DragonFly BSD) and Plan 9. For my
driver, I have no way to identify that the system has the driver, so
I wanted to make it conditional on

options ZT5503

existing in the kernel configuration file. I have a couple of
related questions:

1) Where in the tree should my zt5503wd.c file be placed?

2) Regarding watchdog.h; this device supports other times than those
provided from between 250MS to 256S. Hope nobody minds this changing
:).

3) To make sure I understand how this works:
	o The device is compiled in / loaded
	o watchdogd is used to tell the system to start the timer
	o I get a bunch of flags in my eventhandler function's 2nd
    argument that I can then use to write to my device's
    registers with the proper information

The first and third questions are the most important, I think.

--Devon