/boot/loader Invalid Format

Webmaster Shizukana.net webmaster at shizukana.net
Wed Mar 9 06:59:06 PST 2005

It's resloved, she edit the /boot/loader instead of /boot/loader.conf

fix:

if someone has freebsd release as you, let him upload it to a site, with
the name loader.x

then boot your computer with the fixit cd of freebsd (Disk 2)
Configure your Network
go to shell, then
cd /mnt
mkdir fixbsd
mount /dev/ad0s1 /mnt/fixbsd
(if you don't have freebsd installed on the first fixed disk or something
else like other partitions then figure out which partition the /
mountpoint has.)

then
cd fixbsd
fetch (location where your friend has uploaded his bootloader)
cp loader.x loader
replace it then your set you can bootup normal.

If you have 5.3-RELEASE... my loader is located at
http://www.raisingfire.net/freebsd/loader.x

(founded this trick out with a friend of mine who messed up her bootloader
hehe kinda mistake, can happen to everyone if they are logged in as root)

With kind regards,
Nexohrion