FUD about CGD and GBDE

Jari Ruusu jariruusu at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 4 14:51:43 GMT 2005

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I am being a bit unfair here because I am lumping CGD in with the
> equally defficient code in Linux (Loop-AES etc).  It was mostly the
> linux code I talked to people about, but CGD makes the same exact
> mistake.

Loop-AES for Linux has improved a lot since v1.X versions. Please take a
look at recent v3.X versions which include security features that even your
GBDE doesn't have.

> It appears to me, that the people who designed CGD and the Linux
> Loop-AES and similar focused very hard on the box that said "AES"
> without giving much consideration to where the arrows between the
> boxes went.

Early versions of loop-AES were FUBARed, true. But why do you insist on
ranting about fuckups that were fixed long time ago?

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD