Collecting data in userland from kernel

ARY ary834 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:01:34 GMT 2005

Joseph,

> Have you looked at netgraph(4) and ng_socket(4)?

Thanx for the reply. I looked into them now. But looks like
it will be an overkill for me. Let me give a little more
context of my problem. I need to evaluate a new congestion
control protocol (which has been implemented as an extension
to TCP) on a test-bed. So, everytime a packet is sent I just
need to log a set a parameters, this applies to hosts and
routers. All the logs are then analyzed offline by another
application. So, there is primarily no interaction between
my entities either in/between hosts or routers. Hence, I
need to insert log stubs inline in the kernel.

Hope, things are a little clearer now. Please let me know if
have any other suggestions. Also, let me know if you still
think netgraph can help and I have got it wrong.

Thanks,
Amit