kernel core dump

Yan Yu yanyu at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Mar 2 15:38:40 GMT 2005

Hi, I have a Q on generating kernel core dump when the system boots up..
   my kernel crashes when it tries to mount the root device, "/", i.e.,
before it adding the swap device to the system (so there is no swap
device when the system tries to generate core dump).. I am wondering is
there a way to adjust this boot order, so that the system will add swap
device before it mounting the root device, so hopefully the swap device is
there when the kernel crashes..  Is yes, what change i should made to
change that boot order?

many thanks,
yan