linking libjava.so RPATH problem

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Wed Jul 6 02:27:53 GMT 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 07:25, Tom Schutter wrote:
> 1) Why is the RPATH in the executable being ignored?

I think this is a feature, not a bug.. I forget the exact reason though - I am
pretty sure this has been discussed on the lists when ELF came in though.

> 2) When I add the -rpath, I get two copies of a libjvm.so reference in
> testme, one that resolves correctly, and one that doesn't.  Why?

No idea :(

> 3) What is the correct way of linking in libjvm.so?

I would say you need to either add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to your env, or pass some
flags to ldconfig to add the path to the JVM libraries.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum