process checkpoint restore facility now in DragonFly BSD

Avleen Vig lists-freebsd at silverwraith.com
Fri Jan 21 21:06:43 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 06:31:06PM -0800, Peter Kieser wrote:
> I have no problem with bringing up the discussion of process
> checkpointing on FreeBSD, what I _DO_ have a problem with is all this
> cruft about DF on the list all the time. We keep getting the, "DragonFly
> does it this way" or "DragonFly has this and we don't" on the
> freebsd-hackers mailing list, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one
> annoyed about it.
>
> Again, I have no problem with bringing up the process checkpointing, I
> have a problem with people saying "DragonFly has this" _all_ the time;
> if I wanted to hear about DF's development path I would be subscribed to
> their mailing lists.

I don't see this on -hackers "all the time". What I DO see is the
occassional comment on how Net, Open and DF BSD's are doing things.
Amongst those there are comments also about how Linux is doing things.
And IMP, they should all be welcome here.
I think you need to step back and take a look at how little DF is
mentioned on -hackers, and also compare it to how much other OS's are.