My wish list for 6.1

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Dec 26 07:06:39 PST 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 01:28:23AM +1030 I heard the voice of
Kris Kennaway, and lo! it spake thus:
> Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> >
> >The "emulation" or whatever it was was set in the BIOS.  And it
> >worked in the BIOS.  Worked when the OS got up to sysinstall, too.
> >Just wouldn't work for the loader.
>
> What happens if you turn it off?

Then it still didn't work in the loader, and wouldn't work for the
BIOS either (so I had to plugin a PS/2 keyboard to turn it back on).
I don't think I let it boot long enough to see if the keyboard worked
in sysinstall in that case; I presume it would.  And the system's in
production now, so I can't really fiddle with it anymore.

It's got a Biostar (blech!) Socket A motherboard.

ACPI APIC Table: <VKT400 AWRDACPI>
<http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/mainboard/board.php?name=M7VIG%20400%20(7.x)>

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net