Mostly static binaries with crunchgen

Adrian Steinmann ast at marabu.ch
Wed Dec 21 08:48:08 PST 2005

Excuse me, TORTIOUS vs TORTUOUS was my tort. We should never change
license disclaimers however tortuous, I agree!

The dynamically linked programs will clearly fail without existing
/libexec/ld-elf.so and /lib/libc.so but we are speaking here of an
*extension* to crunchgen configuration files which kicks in when
the lib_so keyword is used. Maybe under CAVEATS it could be mentioned
that with the additiona of one lib_so library you need to include
that library plus rtld() and libc for the resulting crunched binary
to work.

The keyword being an extension means that all and every crunchgen
configuration out there to date will crunch the binary fully static
and hence /rescue will cntinue to work as before and thus never
include programs requiring dlopen().

Adrian