My wish list for 6.1

Dirk GOUDERS gouders at et.bocholt.fh-ge.de
Tue Dec 20 07:33:55 PST 2005

> This is exactly the idea that I have been pimping to anyone who will
> listen for the last three months or so.  I also think that it is
> advantageous for users who are using, say 4.2, to be able to find
> documentation for 4.2 without having to interpret a nest of "if you have
> 4.x do this, if 5.0 through 5.3 do that, else do the other".  I don't
> think it's a lot of work to just branch the handbook (and FAQ
> if we decide to keep it) - in fact, for me, it would be a definite win -
> at release time, but it just doesn't seem to be what other people want
> done.

I would like to add that I could imagine that it would be easier for
authors to just change/add some documentation that matches the target
release and not to have to think about "if version=something else ..."
constructs.

Also, sometimes it is good to be able to just throw away things that
are out-of-date.

> I would encourage those interested to ask about it on doc at .

Well, I would be surprised if that hasn't already been discussed.
Have to search the archives...

Dirk