My wish list for 6.1

Allen slackwarewolf at comcast.net
Mon Dec 19 02:53:46 PST 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 04:34, Dirk GOUDERS wrote:
> > 3.  Full review and update of the install docs, handbook, FAQ, etc.
> > There are sections that are embarrassingly out of date (one section of
> > the handbook apparently states that we only support a single brand of
> > wifi cards).  A co-worker of mine tried to install 6.0 using just the
> > handbook install guide, and discovered that it really doesn't match
> > reality anymore, in both big and small ways.  Contact me directly if
> > you would like his list of comments.

The install docs really could use some updating. However I've written this
little tutorial for AntiOnline on installing it, and I don't think anyone has
ever made it easier, and yes I am quite proud of it :)

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=259335

You don't need to sign up to read this so check it out if you'd like. I've
posted this tutorial to the docs mailing list before and everyone loved it.
I'd have no problem doing a similar one for the 6X series so I should be able
to soon.

Written on a Linux box while wearing a Free BSD shirt with a monitor that has
Free BSD stickers ;) I use both and don't flame!