accessing NetBSD filesystem

Hanspeter Roth hampi at rootshell.be
Sat Dec 17 12:44:19 PST 2005

  On Dec 17 at 20:07, Mathieu Arnold spoke:

> +-Le 17/12/2005 18:10 +0100, Hanspeter Roth a dit :

> |> As long as they have the same Endianess, yes. You might get some
> |> warnings about the disklabel, otherwise it should be fine.
> |
> | How can one activate the Fast Filesystem support? Is there a kernel
> | module to load? Shouldn't the respective entries /dev/ad0s4* appear
> | provided the NetBSD installation is in /dev/ad0s4?
>
> FFS == UFS.

Fdisk shows sysid 165 (0xa5) for partition 3. This is where FreeBSD
is installed. And Fdisk shows sysid 169 (0xa9) for partition 4. This
is where NetBSD is installed.
In /dev there are ad0s3 and ad0s3[a-g] but there is only a ad0s4.
So how can filesystems of my NetBSD in ad0s4 be accessed?

-Hanspeter