[CALL FOR TESTERS] New system call: abort2()

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Dec 15 15:24:27 PST 2005

> I would like to comment on FreeBSD style(9) a bit. Why does not mention
> or even encourage C99 style // comments? They are nice when one wants to
> comment out bigger chunks of code with /**/ comment.

Too new.  /**/ comment out is bogus anyway.  #if 0 ... #endif is better.

> On the similar note, the ability to move declarations closer to the
> point of use in code is IMO nice feature, too. The style(9) doesn't
> mention this either.

C doesn't allow it, or didn't until recently.  That style tends to
lead to really gross things too.  Functions should be short enough
that it doesn't matter.

But changing style(9) is hard.  We have better things to do with our
lives. :-)

Warner