SB Live 7.1 soundcard trouble

Thomas Karpiniec tkarpiniec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:27:15 PST 2005

Hi,

First of all, I'm actually a Linux/Ubuntu user *avoids thrown squidgy
fruit* but I have a CA0106 SB Audigy LS and have had no end of trouble
with it - working presently, though.

I could not get it to work with standard emu10k1 drivers, but to some
extent using ALSA. It tended to have buffer issues - to get smooth
sound out of xmms I had to use the custom options within xmms to set
very high buffers on the output.

I invite you to look at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=19307

I'm aware that the L in ALSA stands for linux, and that this method
uses apt-get then dpkg to compile then install as a .deb package, but
I can testify that this is the only way I have ever seen that has
given me seamless sound (currently using eSound daemon) completely
OS-wide.

Good luck & regards,

Thomas K