clock interrupts eating whole cpu [solved]

GiZmen gizmen at zion.vsip.pl
Sun Dec 4 15:42:24 PST 2005

Hi,

I have spent whole day to track what is wrong with this interrupts.
I found that altq is the problem. When i turn on pf only with rules
my box behaves normally. When i turned on altq rules in one second
my whole cpu was used.
what was strange that i didn't change rules in some significant way.
I checked them and i found that i left one rule like this

pass all on pfsync0

i have added this rule when i was messing with pfsync iface.
I forgot to remove it. When i removed this rule everything
come back to normal state.

This quite strange that this rule can cause such big mess on system.
Is it some kind of bug ??

--
Best Regards:
		GiZmen

UNIX is user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends
UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity