Weird PCI interrupt delivery problem

Craig Boston craig at tobuj.gank.org
Sun Dec 4 00:41:33 GMT 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 04:30:58PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> That's becuase the dmesg prints out what their current setting was before the
> pci_link driver attached to them.  It's basically what the BIOS set them up
> as.

Ah, makes sense.

> Grrr.  I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point.

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating...  Then again I knew when I got this
machine what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks for taking the time to help work on this and provide some ideas.
I'll keep hacking on it and follow up here if I figure anything out.

> At least you have it working in -ACPI -APIC mode. :-/

Unfortunately it seems that it's actually still broken in this case.  I
just discovered that even with the hint, the cardbus controller /
devices don't generate any interrupts at all.  The only reason it seemed
to be working is that when I have the radio enabled, ath0 generates
about 1000 interrupts/second (which seems high, but that's another
discussion).  So effectively is was just running in polling mode.

I didn't notice that until this morning when I booted into single user
mode and was trying to use some cardbus cards before ath0 was
configured.

Random tangent, it's kind of sad that one of the co-authors of the ACPI
spec (Toshiba) would sell a machine that has so many problems with it.
Though I think ATI deserves at least part of the blame as this appears
to use one of their "system-on-a-chip" designs.

Craig