Weird PCI interrupt delivery problem

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 2 05:42:25 PST 2005

On Thursday 01 December 2005 08:31 pm, Craig Boston wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 01:42:18PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> > Yeah, odd, no $PIR.  You can get your cbb0 to work though using a tunable
> > in the loader.  Something like:
> >
> > hw.pci9.1.INTA.irq=11
>
> That does fix cbb0.  With that line, the cardbus works in plain-old-PIC
> mode.

Also, try this hint with ACPI without APIC.  It looks like your BIOS doesn't
include entries for the PCI9 bus in the PIC version of the _PRT (see no PRT
messages in ACPI dmesg) so cbb0 doesn't get an IRQ there either.  I'd be
interested in seeing your ASL to see what the _PRT for PCI9 looks like.
Looks like this BIOS has only been tested with ACPI + APIC. :(  It has no
$PIR, and the MP Table and non-APIC _PRT entries for the PCI9 bus are all
busted.

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org