GEOM (ggate) compression consumer +problem

João Carlos Mendes Luís jonny at jonny.eng.br
Thu Sep 30 16:40:30 PDT 2004

Instead of block compression, wouldn't it be better (and maybe easier)
to use file compresion, in a VFS layer (and a threaded daemon)?

A real useful VFS layer would have an option to compress only rarely
used files.  And keep the real layer accessible, to allow dumping of
compressed backend files.

Also, an option to encrypt the backend files could be useful.
Encrypting after compressing is always better.

This is what I would like to see in a compressed file system.