SMP on quad xeons

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 17:58:57 PDT 2004

My experience with the current SMP kernel is it works very well
on a 4 CPU opteron. That was 5.x-CURRENT a few months back
at that point the new ULE scheduler was unusable as in it caused
major delays in processing server apps. switched back to the
old BSD one and all was good. Not sure it these issues have
been fixed recently ( I hope so ).

    Steve