add-symbol-file

Jerry Toung jtoung at arc.nasa.gov
Sat Sep 18 23:40:45 PDT 2004

Greg,
I am not using remote debugging, that's why I made a call to kldsyms (local
system) but it only loaded acpi.ko.
 May be I should try over a serial console. The system wasn't crashed or in db
prompt though.
As for the question regarding where I got the addresses from,
I typed:
asf -k -f -s -x modulepath .asf, this created the ".asf" file and its contain
was "add-symbol-file /usr/local/src/nren-6.0current/osr_src/if_osr.ko
 0xc24b3184 -s .data 0xc24b6900 -s .bss 0xc24b6cc0"
 then I copied and past it to the kgdb prompt, all went ok. but when I want to
list *0xc24b3184, it complained about "No source code available" or something
like that. That's where I am puzzled.
I will do what you suggested and over serial console and repost if any
problems.
Thank you,
Jerry