PR kern/67636 closed, but still not working?

Kevin A. Pieckiel pieckiel+freebsd-hackers at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Sep 16 05:17:06 PDT 2004

I have a 5.2.1-RELEASE computer that does work, and a 5.3-BETA4 computer
that doesn't.  Both have custom kernels that do NOT include IPv6.

I'm trying to set up IPF on the 5.3-BETA4 computer, but I get the very
error message in PR kern/67636:

	Inability to use ipfilter module (ipl.ko) with custom kernels w/o INET6

	# kldload ipl
	kldload: can't load ipl: No such file or directory
	# dmesg|tail -1
	link_elf: symbol in6_cksum undefined

This PR has been closed.  Did it not apply to HEAD or the current branch?
Can someone apply the patch into CURRENT?  This PR was rated with a severity
of "serious".  This functionality would be nice for 5.3-RELEASE.

Thanks,
Kevin