sysctl and ifmibdata/ifmib_iso_8802_3

Gerald Heinig gheinig at syskonnect.de
Wed Mar 31 07:28:14 PST 2004

Hi,

I have a question regarding the use of sysctl and snmp MIBs for network
adapters.
I've taken a look at the ifmib(4) manpage and the corresponding files in
...sys/net/if_mib.c and /usr/include/net/if_mib.h and it seems that only
a few network drivers declare the ifmib structures. When I try to
declare them in my driver[1], nothing happens, ie. I can't see the
structure. snmpwalk gives nothing and sysctl net.link.generic.ifmib is
empty.
Is any of this stuff implemented at all, or is it deprecated or what? It
Just Doesn't Work.
Anyone know any more about this?

Thanks for any info,
Gerald

[1] To be exact:

struct yk_softc {

	struct  ifmib_iso_8802_3  yk_ethermib;
}

in yk_attach():

struct ifnet	*yk_if;
struct yk_softc	*sc;

	yk_if->if_linkmib = &sc->yk_ethermib;
	yk_if->if_linkmiblen = sizeof(struct ifmib_iso_8802_3);

--
S y s K o n n e c t   G m b H
A Marvell Company
email: gheinig at syskonnect.de