Multiple IPs in jail

Justin Hopper jhopper at bsdhosting.net
Wed Dec 8 21:07:19 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 01:42 +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:51:31AM -0800, Justin Hopper wrote:
> +> Thanks for understanding my question, Devon.  I guess at this point I'll
> +> patch a system here and begin testing with it, and hopefully PJD or PHK
> +> or somebody else @freebsd will respond with any plans to roll this
> +> functionality into the base system.  It's really not a problem if there
> +> is no plans to do it, I just don't want to spend a lot of time fiddling
> +> with a patch and then find it in the base system in 5.4 or something.
>
> My patch still has some issues. I updated the patch against HEAD from a
> minute ago:
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~pjd/patches/jail_2004120901.patch
>
> I don't have time to work on this right now, so can't say if/when it'll
> be committed.

Thanks for the update, Pawel.  The new patch was pretty easy to
implement, only failed on one chunk.  The new system is up and I'll be
testing the multiple IPs soon.  If there are any known pitfalls that I
should be aware of, please let me know, or if there is a list/discussion
of them somewhere, I'd be grateful for the link.

--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper at bsdhosting.net>
UNIX Systems Engineer