Preliminary gbde performance patchset

Jason Stryker jstryker at petml.com
Fri May 30 02:45:31 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 11:19:40 +0200, "Poul-Henning Kamp"
<phk at phk.freebsd.dk> said:

> I is so sad to see how you keep repeating this silly thing.

I don't think it means what you think it means.

> Do you expect that by repeating it we will suddenly "get it" and
> fall in awe with your skills with words ?  I hate to think this is
> the best you can do when you try to be funny, that would so pathetic.

It took you three times to get it, not bad for a FreeBSD committer.

> That's almost as lame was the fact that you claim to speak for
> "the community" and claim to know the truth, yet you dare not
> use your own name, because you know we would laugh even harder
> then.

I'll repeat the immortal words of Chris G Demetriou, from the
NetBSD core team:

When i think of "politics," i think of Jordan Hubbard, flat out lying
about what's in, or going to be in, FreeBSD, or what the system can
do, or what's wrong with the system.  (worth noting: I've come to
understand Kolstad, even see him as a reasonable person.  I see jordan
as a _liar_, period.)  _that's_ not the game that we, or i, play.

> As for you claim to have been a committer, or even that you have
> code in the tree:  Yeah, right, and sell me the Eifel tower too.

You probably mean the _Eiffel_ tower. Please, see
http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/ for more info.

I know it really upsets you, ./poul, but there's code I wrote in
the tree. Get over it. Why am I not using my real name? I don't
want to be threatened again by members of FreeBSD.

> There is one count where I will concede that the FreeBSD project
> sucks: We have really lousy incompetent stupid boring trolls.

And you keep wasting thousands of people's bandwidth with your silly
vendetta, great.

Thanks.
--
  Jason Stryker