Preliminary gbde performance patchset

Jason Stryker jstryker at petml.com
Fri May 30 01:53:32 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 10:30:23 +0200, "Poul-Henning Kamp"
<phk at phk.freebsd.dk> said:

> Well, apart from the fact that it seems that I can tell vowels apart
> a fair bit better than you, I clearly seem to have quite some pull
> with you because you feel compelled to react to my emails to you.

Stay out of it Pull, you have no poul with me and you know it.

> It must be a real torture to be so weak that you can not even turn
> your back on your big failure and get on with your life, but instead
> be drawn again and again to vent your anger and display your lameness
> for all the people who you most of all wanted to impress.

You still fail to see the truth. The truth is, as time passes, more
people
realize what a bunch of asses and hypocrites most of you are, and move to
another projects. I know I'm not alone in my crusade to let the truth
about
this project out. Back when I still was a committer I had the feeling
that
going through all the crap was worth the effort. Man, how wrong I was. Or
have you already forgotten how the community reacted when you and the
rest
of the gestapo-esque committers removed Dillon's commit bit? Or when Bill
Fumerola made asmodai resign? Fortunately, google doesn't forget, and
the proof is there, and will be for a long time.

> That dot-com thing really made a lot of failures like you think
> they could fly, didn't it ?

As much as it bothers you, the code I contributed is still in the
tree, and is high quality.

> Anyway: now please run along, be quiet and find something to play
> with, and leave the grown ups around here to do their work.

Why, do you fear that the community will wake up and see the truth?
Can you even handle it? NetBSD 2.0 is being released this summer. That
means another exodus will happen, as a lot of FreeBSD users get fed up
enough with people like you and move onto nicer communities. It doesn't
really matter, you know, you've been playing catchup with NetBSD for
months
anyway.

> Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by
> incompetence.

Interesting, perhaps you should read your own .sig before posting :)

Thanks.
--
  Jason Stryker
  jstryker at petml.com