Preliminary gbde performance patchset

Jason Stryker jstryker at petml.com
Fri May 30 01:18:23 PDT 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003 09:58:09 +0200, "Poul-Henning Kamp"
<phk at phk.freebsd.dk> said:

> Our favourite troll has given us a link which redirects to an url
> which he thinks will send a message to SCO:

Stay out of it Pull, you have no poul with me and you know it.

It was simply a heads up to warn people. But because you still don't
get it even tho it's crystal clear, I'll try to explain it in a way
that even you will understand: See, GEOM is simply another little ego
trip from you, nothing more. As soon as your ego is satisfied, you'll
never fix bugs and/or add enhancements to it, like you've done before
with other projects of yours. And, of course, you won't let any other
committer touch your holy code. This has happened before. It was,
in fact, one of the reasons why I'm no longer a committer.

Having said that, I want an RFC on how we can fix this situation. See,
we have hundreds of committers, even when no more than 50 really do
useful
work. I laugh every time I see you gave Hiten Pandya a docs commit bit so
he would stop pestering you. Hiten 'irc howto' Pandya [1], that is.

So let's get rid of all those useless people that not only don't do any
useful work, but make it really hard for others to work. I'm talking
about
people like Bill Fumerola. You know who they are.

But do you know what's really funny? That we are using an operating
system
made by people you don't even know how to properly quote (hi scottl@, I'm
talking about you!)

Have fun with your little GEOM toy. That is, until you get bored of it
and
don't let anyone else improve it, like you've done lots of times before.

Thanks.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=hiten+pandya+irc+howto&hl=zh-TW&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=200208281800.g7SI09An074560%40www.freebsd.org.lucky.freebsd.ports&rnum=2
--