gcc bug? Openoffice port impossibel to compile on 4.8

Wes Peters wes at softweyr.com
Thu May 29 00:09:18 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 04:11 pm, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> I remember having to convert all my Lattice C code to use ANSI style
> declarations after upgrading to SAS/C on the Amiga.
>
> However, we're dealing with something a bit more stable in terms of
> code base, anyway. Having to commit a whole bunch of fixes for the
> sake of a compiler upgrade isn't acceptable. Sounds like the GCC
> guys have been bitten by the Linux bug.

That's what it sounds like to me, too.  At the same time we're changing
the ports infrastructure so we intentionally break all cross-compilers;
they have to fix the CFLAGS in order to make the compilers compile.
Linux may be leading the charge but we're following right along.

I may take the time to produce a snobol port that compiles cleanly; I like
having it available for hysterical raisins.  It does irk me that we can't
compile valid K&R code without the compiler throwing a conniption fit
trying to typecheck something it has no real knowledge of.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes at softweyr.com