pcic setup / wi0 timeout

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Wed May 28 18:47:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> OK.  You might have a little better luck with 5.1-BETA, or you might

ok; cvsuping to -HEAD. Did not see any 5_1 tags.

> not.  However, you might try http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/pir.c
> as root and tell me if it finds a $PIR table.  The boot verbose says
> no, but I can't recall if 5.0-RELEASE printed it or not (I think it
> does).

	CNodeRabo# gcc -o pir pir.c
	CNodeRabo# ./pir
	pir: can't find $PIR in BIOS segment

I geuss not.

> The Pentium 200MHz that you have is old enough that it may be a little
> too old...

Aye - these are donated Siemen's machines we use on www.wirelessleiden.nl
as rooftop routers/nodes. Nothing too fancy needed there.

> It also looks like pcibios_get_version() is returning 0, since I don't
> see a line like
> 	pcibios: BIOS version 2.0
> in the output.
>
> However, I'd have expected to see
> 	pci_cfgintr: BIOS %x.%02x doesn't support interrupt routing
> just before the
> 	pci_cfgintr: can't route an interrupt to 0:17 INTA
> line.

Aye - it seems to think that no intpin is connected perhaps

> Actually, I take it back.  5.1 won't help, but might make it easier to
> diagnose.

Thanks for the help sofar - I'll report if 5.1 gives some substancial
change - but I guess for now I am stuck behind a BIOS to old.

Dw