gcc problem/openoffice failure

Don Lewis truckman at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 27 22:12:50 PDT 2003

On 27 May, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <200305280035.h4S0Z8000399 at cruzio.com>
>             "Bruce R. Montague" <brucem at cruzio.com> writes:
> :
> :  Julian Elischer wrote:
> :
> :  > ... I have not been able to compile the openoffice port ...
> :
> :  > ... Has anyone else seen this?
> :
> :
> :  I tried to build openoffice on a "clean" -current system,
> : built from a recent cvsup, and it failed to compile... This
> : was perhaps a week and a half ago, kept meaning to get back
> : and look at it, but time seems to have got the best of me.
>
> I wouldn't attempt something this complex without portupgrade...

That reminds me ... the openoffice port ignores non-zero exit status in
too many places.  More than once I've had the install phase (and maybe
even the build phase fail which then proceeded to the install phase
which then failed), but the the exit status was ignored, make exited
with a zero status, and portupgrade thought that the installation
succeeded and then nuked the working backup copy of openoffice and did a
make clean. A build from scratch takes more than 24 hours on my -stable
box ...