cvsupd

Daniel Lang langd-freebsd-hackers at leo.org
Thu May 15 08:33:48 PDT 2003

Hi Jeev,

jeev wrote on Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:25:36AM -0700:
> No, none of the servers are out of date to me. They're fine.

Hmmm, where does blizzard update from?

> root at router:~# touch /usr/ports/net/net-snmp/files/fart
> root at router:~# cvsup ports
> Connected to blizzard
> Updating collection ports/cvs
> Finished successfully
> root at router:~#

Sure. CVSup does not delete files, it doesn't know about.
Certainly it doesn't know anything about fart and therefore
won't touch it. This is intended behaviour of CVSup.
(Think about the "make readmes" nightmare, that several
 users, including me stubled across. The README.html files
 never get deleted and so you are stuck with dozens of
 virtually empty and outdated port directories).

> root at blizzard:~# ls /cvs/ports/net/net-snmp/files
> patch-Makefile.top              patch-diskio.c
> patch-local:Makefile.in         patch-snmpd.8.def
> patch-aa                        patch-hr_storage.c
> patch-memory_freebsd2.c         patch-vmstat_freebsd2.c
> patch-aclocal.m4                patch-hr_swrun.c
> patch-snmpTCPIPv6Domain.c       snmpd.sh.sample
> patch-al                        patch-interfaces.c
> patch-snmpUCDIPv6Domain.c
> root at blizzard:~#
>
> root at router:~# ls /usr/ports/net/net-snmp/files
> fart                            patch-al
> patch-interfaces.c              patch-snmpUCDIPv6Domain.c
> patch-Makefile.top              patch-diskio.c
> patch-local:Makefile.in         patch-snmpd.8.def
> patch-aa                        patch-hr_storage.c
> patch-memory_freebsd2.c         patch-vmstat_freebsd2.c
> patch-aclocal.m4                patch-hr_swrun.c
> patch-snmpTCPIPv6Domain.c       snmpd.sh.sample
> root at router:~#
>
> notice blizzard is the cvsupd server.. router has some extra files that are
> unnecessary, im assuming the only way I could fix this is just remove ports
> every day or something cause it shouldn't be doing this.

I don't see any difference than 'fart'. Maybe I'm blind, but
then the order is mixed up. Maybe you should use 'ls -1' to avoid
confusion by multicolumn output.

> Notice how router did not delete 'fart'.
See above.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                 - Work is for people, who don't surf -
 Daniel Lang * dl at leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/