linux binary blues

Dag-Erling Smorgrav des at ofug.org
Thu May 15 02:06:34 PDT 2003

Bogdan TARU <bgd at icomag.de> writes:
>                              As about the third parameter to semget, as
> far as I can read in semget(2) the third parameter (flag) is an integer,
> not a pointer?

0xbfsomething is definitely a pointer to a stack variable.  You're
probably using kdump instead of linux_kdump; syscall 221 is semget in
FreeBSD but fcntl64 in Linux.  The first argument is the fd (notice
that it's 3 which is the result of the preceding open call; open is
syscall 5 in both FreeBSD and Linux, so this one is correct), the
second is the operation (6 == F_SETLK in Linux), and the third is the
argument (for F_SETLK, a pointer to a struct flock).

I recommend 'pkg_add -r linux_kdump'.

DES
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des at ofug.org