wi network driver woes

Stacy Olivas olivas at digiflux.org
Tue May 13 06:30:46 PDT 2003

I've ran into some strangeness with the wi wireless network card driver under
a PicoBSD build (WarBSD).

I can get the kernel to recognize PCMCIA card services and detect the WLAN NIC
at startup, but if you try to use it for anything you get the following
error:

wi0: watchdog timeout

And, if you remove the NIC from the PCMCIA card slot and re-insert it, the
system doesn not automatically re-detect it...

Any suggestions on what I can do to make this work?

Also, if you need an example of what I am talking about go check out the
WarBSD stuff at http://digiflux.org/warbsd

TIA

-Stacy