Chance for FreeBSD ADSM/TSM client from Tivoli/IBM

Andrea Campi andrea at webcom.it
Mon May 12 09:14:53 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 02:43:05PM +0200, Daniel Lang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the past there have been discussions and demand
> for a *BSD client for TSM. To my best knowledge there is no
> such client. In practice Linux and SCO clients have
> been abused partially using dirty tricks (like NFS loop
> mounts) to get it running.

[Requested info sent via private email]

FYI and for extra coolness bonus: ITSM server 5.1.6.3 for Linux runs just
great on a recent -CURRENT box. Not that I plan on running a production
server in emulation anytime soon, but it's good to know it would be possible
to do so.

Bye,
	Andrea

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler