Chance for FreeBSD ADSM/TSM client from Tivoli/IBM

Lukas Ertl l.ertl at univie.ac.at
Mon May 12 05:55:00 PDT 2003

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Daniel Lang wrote:

> So everybody, who would have interest in a TSM BSD client,
> _please_ send me a short email about your demand, like
>
> [..]
> We are Organisation/Company $ABC, and we would benefit from
> BSD clients. Our demand would be around $xyz clients.
> [..]

We (Vienna University Computer Center) use TSM exclusively for our backup
purposes. A native (Free)BSD client would help us _very_ much. We
currently have 10-15 BSD machines that need to be backupped, with more
expected.

> Please also forward this request to any other potential BSD
> and TSM users (possibly appropriate Net/Open BSD lists?)

I've forwarded your mail to the local BUG.

best regards and many thanks,
le

Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl at univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)       Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
der Universität Wien                   http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~le/