USB link cable?

Marcin Dalecki mdcki at gmx.net
Fri May 9 18:51:24 PDT 2003

Right now I'm trying to connect two boxes by a USB host to host link
cable. On the one side is Linux, where the usbnet driver is nicely
providing an usb0 ethernet interface. On the FreeBSD side I have
found that there is a similar driver called udbp, which has to
be used with netgraph to turn some magic around and make it
appear as if it where an ethernet interface. Let's put it short:
netgraph sucks. The docs are incomprehensible. Seems like a
networking fetishists toy but nothing really usable.
So I have to ask if anybody ever got such a link running?
Or would it just be easier to turn udbp.c in to if_udbp.c and
forget about the reset?