solaris/x86 disklabel geom class

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri May 9 14:37:16 PDT 2003

In message <20030510005944.A53407 at memphis.mephi.ru>, "Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatiev"
 writes:

>--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM
>
>Hello,
>	I wrote geom class that handles SUN solaris/x86 disklabels, and want
>	someone to review it...
>	Attached is a gzipped patch.
>			Sinceherely yours, Artem 'Zazoobr' Ignatjev.

Thanks for the submission, but there are a number of problems
that needs to be addressed with this.

I would really love to receive a binary image of the relevant
sectors from an sunx86 labeled disk (the one you sent me earlier
did not contain it), because that would allow me determine if
we can reuse code from geom_sunlabel for it.

Second, your contributed code has what looks like a rather carefree
attitude to copyright messages:

+/*
+ * This file was imported by timon at memphis.mephi.ru
+ * Some fixes were made to compile under FreeBSD
+ * Original copyright below.
+ * Original filename was sys/dklabel.h
+ * Copyright (c) 2003 by Artem Ignatiev <timon at memphis.mephi.ru>
+ */
+/*
+ * Copyright (c) 1990-1998 by Sun Microsystems, Inc.
+ * All rights reserved.
+ */
+