two mounts..

Daniel Lang langd-freebsd-hackers at leo.org
Fri May 9 07:35:40 PDT 2003

Hi,

omestre at freeshell.org wrote on Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:13:48AM -0300:
[..]
>  I don't believe that FreeBSD 5.0 do not mounts the same filesystem
> in two differents mount points. I know that the problem is my skill... :)
>  So, you can help me ( i guess :) to fix that.
>  How can i mount /dev/ad0s1d in /mnt, and /dev/ad0s1d in /mnt1 ?
[..]

mount_nullfs(8) does something similar, though not exactly what
you asked for. Most probably, it is still what you want.

The difference is, that a null mount duplicates the entire
directory structure, thus crossing filesystem borders underneath.

I don't think it it is possible to mount just a single filesystem
under a different name.

Correct me, if I'm wrong. If possible, I could very well use it for
running a linux TSM client more properly under FreeBSD.
However, I just got an email with some faint hint, that
IBM/Tivoli might be convinced to support a native FreeBSD client....
No promise though. I will get more information on Monday. :)

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Cool people don't move, they just hang around. -
Daniel Lang * dl at leo.org * ++49 89 289 18532  * http://www.leo.org/~dl/