Bridge config in /etc/rc (patch)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed May 7 15:16:13 PDT 2003

In message: <20030506214845.X5620 at znfgre.qbhto.arg>
            Doug Barton <DougB at freebsd.org> writes:
: On Tue, 6 May 2003, Benjamin F. Burke wrote:
:
: > On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 02:50, Doug Barton wrote:
: > > True, but that's another step down the road of "How do we deal with the
: > > issue of $BIGNUM conf options in a way that users can handle?" Our current
: > > solution for that is to include them all in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, and
: > > mostly in rc.conf.5. I'm not sure that solution scales, but I'm equally
: > > uncomfortable with the idea of UNdocumented options.
: >
: > I wonder how many experienced freebsd users really dislike having to
: > use the current rc.conf setup.
:
: Experienced users can fend for themselves regarding edge cases like bridge
: configurations. That's what rc.local is for. I'm worried about not
: overwhelming new users.

Actually, after spending some time last night setting up a bridge, I'd
be very happy to have these knobs.  It will become a more common case
as more people build FreeBSD wireless access points.

Warner