Bridge config in /etc/rc (patch)

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Wed May 7 00:40:58 PDT 2003

Doug Barton wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003, Benjamin F. Burke wrote:
> Experienced users can fend for themselves regarding edge cases like bridge
> configurations. That's what rc.local is for. I'm worried about not
> overwhelming new users.

As an idea here, is it possible to have a large list of rc files
in a particular location in directories that would automatically
be run in their own directory, and automatically get their defaults
sourced in, and have their own rc.conf's that get sourced in, etc.?

If there were a subdirectory traversal for (currently non-existant)
subdirectories in /usr/local somewhere, then each one of these
"fend for yourself" cases could be implemented as ports.

/usr/ports/rc/* anyone?

-- Terry