[hackers] Re: Realtek

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Mar 31 13:19:20 PST 2003

In message: <xzpd6k7feqh.fsf at flood.ping.uio.no>
            des at ofug.org (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) writes:
: "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> writes:
: > An address that works.  Without further knowledge of your laptop, it
: > is impossible for me to say.  You will have to find this out by trial
: > and error.  Some folks like 0xf8000000, others like 0x400000000 and
: > one uses 0xd4000, but the last one I don't recommend.
:
: 0xf8000000 seems to work on my StinkPad (still can't get the serial
: port to work though).  It still complains about an "invalid BAR
: number: 27(06)".  Plenty of ACPI errors too, but I don't really expect
: much from an IBM laptop.

Cool.  I'm sorry you have to do these ugly hacks, and hope to get
things working better soon.

Maybe I should add a stinkpad to my wish list :-)

Warner