Questions

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 03:40:31 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 08:57:46AM +0000, Edward Tiruvsky wrote:

> i know this might be a long shot but ive got some questions and i was
> hoping someone could help me out or point me in the direction of someone
> who can...reply through the digest
<snip>

I think you've misunderstood the use of the word "hackers" in the context of
this mailing list. We have no interest in breaking into 3l337 w4R3z!! sites.
Nor do we need to blackmail anybody. Most of us have no need to conceal our
identities (although some still do - that's their choice). In short, we're
Unix hackers. Not security hackers. Even so, being a helpful sod, I'll give
you a pointer. *a - geddit??!?! Oh...

The answer to your question is yes, it is possible to chain re-mailers. Go
and do some research on anonymous re-mailers. The FAQs and manuals are full
of lots of good info on how to chain. Most of them do the hard work for you.

As for a secure webmail host - http://www.hushmail.com has worked for me in
the past. Quite good.

Oh, and now you've made the decision to hide your identity and make it
publically known, you know your phones will be tapped mail (snail and what I
call "normal") will be intercepted, your grandmother will get copies of
*those* pictures of you, and your life will now be a misery. And to make it
worse, you've just taken advice on protecting your identity from an
ex-civil-servant. Ho ho ho ho. We control the vertical. We control the
horizontal. Just sit back and relax. Relax... relax... many miles to go
before you sleep...

The poster regrets correspondance on this matter is now closed.

--
Paul Robinson