Is GNATS broken ??

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Sun Jun 29 08:01:41 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 04:56:11PM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
>   Can you check if the mail was accepted by the FreeBSD mail server?  It
> looks like GNATS email is rather aggressively filtered against server
> blacklists; I have to route all my PRs through an SSH tunnel to a different
> system in order to get them accepted.

I can confirm that the GNATS server performs double lookups of PTR against
A records, anyway.

My ability to contribute to the FreeBSD Project has been rather hampered
to say the least by our hosting provider's high latency in responding
to our repeated requests to give us control of our PTR block, but it's
done now, and messages to the lists, as well as to various other
protagonists, now actually get delivered.

BMS