non-32bit-relocation

Andrew andrew at carroll-tech.net
Fri Jun 27 11:28:22 PDT 2003

Hello,
I hate to "interrupt" the current flow of messages but...got to.

I wrote a small assembly program to send a string to the floppy.
I'm not familiar with nasm, the assembly language compiler I'm using and
even
less familiar with the as program.

basically, other code aside, the nasm compiler says, when using -f elf, that
it does not support non-32-bit relocations.  Ok, I'm not an assembly expert
and less familiar with 'elf' so I need some help.

The instructions were

mov es, seg buffer
mov bx, [buffer]
int 13h.

Can anyone tell me how to do this on a FreeBSD machine?

Thanks.

Andrew