USB, select/poll for ucom

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Jun 25 09:03:34 PDT 2003

> I'm able to use ppp with umodem/ucom.  My brother uses ulpcom/ucom for
> his ppp needs.  I'm pretty sure that select is involved. :-)
>
> >From what I can see in the code, I'd expect that it would work because
> the ttypoll routine is specified for the poll routine.  Why do you
> think it wouldn't work?

well, for one, my program doesn't work :-), it works with the RS232 version.

so i started to poke around, and did some reading, and as far as i could tell,
the read(2) has to be initiated by the host, but my knowledge of usb is close
to zero - it was zero 2 days ago, but still looking for some better docs, and
polish my english - as far as i remember interrupt is not polling, but the
ohci docs imply that :-)

danny