Drawing graphics on terminal

Jordan K Hubbard jkh at queasyweasel.com
Wed Jun 18 12:18:09 PDT 2003

The principal problem with libh is too many chiefs and not enough
indians.  Poor Alex and Max have done a HUGE amount of work on the
system but it's large enough in scope that 2 people cannot hope to do
it all by themselves, particularly when there's no relief shift to take
things over when they get tired occasionally.  From an architectural
perspective, there's nothing which would stop libh from fulfilling all
the dreams I've seen laid out here (and a number people haven't even
mentioned yet, like scriptable installs or alternate look-and-feels).
The principle thing standing in the way of this and every other "let's
get rid of sysinstall" effort, for that matter, is a lack of engineers.

This one's a bit like government.  Everyone has an opinion about how it
should work or what it could be doing better, but very few people want
to actually get involved in changing it. :-)

--
Jordan K. Hubbard
Engineering Manager, BSD technology group