floppy.. Was: Drawing graphics on terminal

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Jun 16 12:46:32 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 03:43:59PM -0400 I heard the voice of
Leo Bicknell, and lo! it spake thus:

> Another idea is to make a floppy just smart enough to load the installer
> over the network, since PC's generally have more memory these days...

Many Linux dists seem to do something like this nowadays.  Then you also
only need enough drivers for the NIC; not even the floppy/CD, since you
read that through the BIOS up until you've downloaded the installer and
modules.  It's got its downsides, to be sure, but it also has some
positives.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net