BCM4401 Support for FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Mon Jul 28 11:08:48 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 12:18, Aeefyu wrote:
> With reference to:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-hackers&m=105593188923273&w=2
>
> i.e. Broadcom 440x NIC support for FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x (as found on
> latest Dell's Notebooks - mine is a 8500)
>
> Would anyone  be so kind to enlighten me on the the current status?
> Last I heard of developments being made was end of June.
>
> Anyone please?
>
> I am willing to be a tester, if one is required.

This was forwarded to me from Greg Lehey.  The dcm driver works okay for
me, but I had to hack it for some new bus dma changes.  I have noticed a
few issues of slowness with it when using it in a more "normal" sense
(i.e. using it to read mail, ssh to machines, etc.).

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-mobile/2003-July/001109.html
>> for more details.  Also, I've been given a pointer to a Linux page,
>> http://cabibbo.physics.wm.edu/~bryan/computer/inspiron5100.html,
which
>> I haven't read yet.

Joe