Network pipes

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at efn.org
Thu Jul 24 10:36:52 PDT 2003

Diomidis Spinellis wrote this message on Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 14:04 +0300:
> separate command "netpipe".   Netpipe takes as arguments the originating
> host, the socket port, the command to execute, and its arguments.
> Netpipe opens the socket back to the originating host, redirects its I/O
> to the socket, and execs the specified command.

This breaks nat firewalls.  It is very common occurance to only accept
incoming connections, and only on certain ports.  This means any system
of firewill will probably be broken by this. :(

i.e. behind a nat to a public system, the return connection can't be
established.  From any system to a nat redirected ssh server, the
incoming connection won't make it to the destination machine.

I think this should just be a utility like Luigi suggested.  This will
help "solve" these problems.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579