Announcing DragonFly BSD!

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 07:29:39 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:00:48AM -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:

> I hope Dragonfly will produce the same kinds of synergies with the FreeBSD
> Project that our ongoing relationships with NetBSD, OpenBSD, and various
> Linux projects have.  I'm especially interested in seeing you succeed with
> your package management goals, where many other attempts have failed in
> that area.

BEEP BEEP - Manager Alert! - BEEP BEEP - Manager Alert! - BEEP BEEP

Sorry Murray, but there is no excuse for the use of the word "synergies" on
any project where common sense and straight talking are the norm. :-)

P.S. - the packaging stuff is very similar to thoughts I've had on the
subject derived from the conversations about the installer a few weeks back.
There may be some crossover here, so I'm keen to get on board there too, but
it'll be interesting to see who else gets on board. ;-)

--
Paul Robinson