FreeBSD on a Maxattach

derek derek at pandora.be
Mon Jul 14 17:20:47 PDT 2003

Dear Sir,

I read your reply on the FreeBSD Hackers Mailing list and I was hoping that you could help me with some info about the Maxattach OS and mainboard.
I have 2 maxattach nas 4000 servers, but they only have 2 disks of 20GB each installed, which is too small to be usable nowadays...
Therefore I would like to equip them with 4x 80GB and 128 MB RAM, but my attempts to do so failed so far ( I tried to move the original freebsd os to the 80GB on pc running freebsd ). I was wondering if I need to change something on the mainboard in order to use 4 drives ( I noticed that you mentioned a custom bios, so I was wondering if that includes fixed harddrive settings or auto recognise? ) or that I have to look for it in the freebsd config?
If it's a software problem, I will probably also try to get linux running on it ( than I can make one large array instead of having to split the array in half like with the original os ).

Any help/info is welcome and appreciated.

Best Regards,

Derek Szapinszki